Radiation Therapy Treatment Effects is a practical guide to common and uncommon toxicities which occur related to radiation therapy. Organized by anatomic region, from CNS to skin and extremities, this handbook concisely and comprehensively reviews the symptoms, timing, preventative measures, and treatment of acute, delayed, and chronic radiation toxicities and provides evidence-based recommendations for management of both early and late effects.
Other important chapters consist of topics such as radiation toxicity management in children, systemic effects of radiation therapy, radioprotection for radiation therapy, risk and prevention of radiation-induced cancers, challenges and approaches to cancer survivorship and how to maximize cancer patient wellness after radiation therapy. This evidence-based handbook of radiation therapy side effects is an invaluable reference for the daily management of cancer patients and survivors.
The topic coverage will assist physicians, APPs, and nurses practicing or training in radiation oncology, other oncology specialties, and primary care providers caring for cancer survivors. Key Features: - Provides management recommendations and clinical pearls from topic experts - Organized for quick reference by body area and toxicity - Numerous tables consolidate important radiation effects for ease of reference - Summarizes each known toxicity, its presentation, prevention, and management.
Acute radiation dermatitis in breast cancer patients: challenges and solutions
Test Drive. Permissions Icon Permissions. Issue Section:. You do not currently have access to this article.
Radiation Therapy Treatment Effects
Download all figures. Sign in. You could not be signed in.
- Radiation Oncology E books - Radiation Oncology Resources - Subject Guides at University of Iowa.
- Radiation Toxicity: A Practical Medical Guide (Cancer Treatment and Research #) | aqojyvidahiw.ml.
- Current controversies in radiotherapy for breast cancer | Radiation Oncology | Full Text.
Sign In Forgot password? Don't have an account? Congress of Neurological Surgeons members Sign in via society site.
Sign in via your Institution Sign in. Purchase Subscription prices and ordering Short-term Access To purchase short term access, please sign in to your Oxford Academic account above. This article is also available for rental through DeepDyve.
- Volcanic processes in ore genesis: Proceedings of a joint meeting of the Volcanic Studies Group of the Geological Society of London and the Institution ... of the Geological Society of London ; no. 7)?
- Understanding radiation dermatitis - American Nurse Today.
- Killing is harmless.
- Understanding leukemias, lymphomas, and myelomas.
- Advances in Radiation Oncology.
View Metrics. Email alerts New issue alert. Advance article alerts. Article activity alert. Subject alert. Receive exclusive offers and updates from Oxford Academic.
Related articles in Google Scholar. Citing articles via Google Scholar. Looking for your next opportunity?